inA tourist visa is necessary for all foreign citizens entering the Russian Federation (RF) as tourists. Regular tourist visas are either Single or Double entry, for a period of no more than 30 days. The process of applying for a Russian visa is not very complicated especially if you follow our step-by-step guide.
Step 1. Tourist invitation
First, you will need to receive a tourist invitation also known as a tourist voucher or visa support document, officially titled as a “Confirmation of hosting a foreign tourist” issued by a Russian tour operator. Kaichi Travel is officially registered in Rostourism and has its reference number. It gives us the right to prepare this invitation letter. And we do it for free for our guests.
Step 2. Application form
After receiving the invitation letter from us, you should fill out the application form for a Russian visa. It should be done electronically on the special website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation: visa.kdmid.ru. If there is no technical possibility to fill in the document electronically, a handwritten or printed version is allowed.
Step 3. List of documents
Next, you will need to prepare the following documents to apply for visa to the Russian embassy or consulate in your country:
- A valid passport with at least 2 blank visa-designated pages. Please, note that your passport should not contain extraneous marks and entries and should still be valid for 6 months after the end of your trip.
- A Russian visa application form, completed and signed.
- A 3.5*4.5 cm size photo with a full-face image without dark glasses and without a headdress.
- Tourist invitation (tourist confirmation)
- A document from your health-insurance that it includes the Russian Federation.
- In addition, you will need to pay a visa fee, the exact amount of which can be clarified on the website of the Russian consulate of your country. You can find the list of embassies and consulates of the Russian Federation abroad at russianembassy.net
Step 4. Submitting to the visa center
Finally, you should submit all these documents to the visa processing center authorized by the Russian consulate in the country you’re in. You can either do it by yourself or through a local travel agency. After receiving the documents and paying the visa fee, you will receive a receipt with the date your visa is ready.
Step 5. Receiving visa
Upon receipt of a visa, it is recommended to check if everything is filled in correctly – surname, date of birth, passport number and travel dates. When errors are found when crossing the Russian border, you will not be allowed to enter the Russian Federation and your vacation will be hopelessly spoiled.
In general, the whole process of applying for a Russian visa takes about 10 days
Starting from 1st of January 2021 an electronic visa for the entry of tourists into Russia will be implemented. Maximum duration will be 16 days, but the procedure for applying will be much easier.